Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#AdventWord #Forgive


Today was a hard word from the start.

Then there were two mass shootings in the United States today. The one in San Bernardino is getting all the press, but there was a smaller shooting (dear God, did I just type that?) in Savannah, Georgia.

I had all kinds of thoughts about forgiveness, all of them hard, before lunch. Then after lunch I hear of more shootings.

I'm out of words today, but this afternoon, I stepped out of my office long enough to write Jesus' mathematical formula for forgiveness in the sand. It seemed appropriate that I found a railroad spike (foreground) to use in writing it. It feels appropriate that it is in the sand, impermanent and hard to read. I'm out of words, but I made this image to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment