Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter 6 Humor

Wherein I prove why I don't write comedy.

But humor is part of the spiritual life, I believe. Or can be. Laughter involves the breath (pneuma) so it must be.

There is a tradition in Christianity of laughing at death, that the Resurrection makes it possible to defy death with joviality. We see this in Day of the Dead celebrations, for one example.

For me, personally, I remember Daddy saying, "You have to have a little foolishness to get through the day."

So here's some foolishness, Easter spins on the "walk into a bar," knock-knock, and Tom Swifty. It's okay if you don't laugh. You can leave better jokes in the comments below.


Two Marys and a Joanna walk into a tomb, but there was no body there.


Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Emmaus!
Emmaus who?
Emmaus well been on another planet to miss all the hubbub in Jerusalem.

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Emmaus!
Emmaus who?
Emmaus well eat with us.

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Emmaus!
Emmaus who? 
Emmaus well have been wearing a mask!

"I haven't seen Jesus," said Thomas doubtfully.

And, okay, here's a little something with better wit and production values: 



No comments:

Post a Comment