Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Reconciling Lutherans

For those who followed my lenten blog about GLBT experience in the ELCA, you will know that I am anxiously awaiting the Churchwide Assembly to see if GLBT folk (like me) will be affirmed and welcomed fully into the life and ministry of this church.

If you, also, would like to see this come to pass, I entreat you to go to this link to add your name to the Reconciling Lutherans roster, a public list of individuals who support full inclusion of GLBT in the life and ministry of the church.



As noted in the previous post, the passage of the statement on human sexuality and the recommendation for ministry policies are two of the items before the Assembly.

I've said about all I know to say about the issue during my 40 day discipline of blogging this past lent. If you want to see (or revisit) those thoughts (some more serious than others, I admit), the blog is still up.

From all angles, whatever your opinions on any of the issues before the assembly, remember to keep all the voting members in your prayers in these final days of preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment